"Yes, we did produce a near-perfect republic. But will they keep it? Or will they, in the enjoyment of plenty, lose the memory of freedom? Material abundance without character is the path of destruction"-Thomas Jefferson

Sunday, December 30, 2007

New Years is upon us!

New Years 2008 is literally just around the corner...exactly where does the time go? I swear, every year time goes faster and faster and the big 3-0 looms ever closer. (Which Josh repeatedly reminds me of every time I turn around...why oh why did I ever marry someone younger than me?? Granted, not by much..but still!)

Back to New Years. Like so many of us I've made resolutions and broken them, made them and broken them, but this year I'm hoping I actually complete my goals. And I'm hoping you guys, my wonderful friends and family, will hold me to them. Here they are, laugh as you wish!

Lose 30 lbs by June 30, 2008. (As a reward I get to purchase myself a firepit for the back patio and some great outdoor furniture..FINALLY!)

Become a more assertive mom...I'M the mom and I'm going to stop taking directions from everyone else! Back away! WOMAN ON THE RAMPAGE HERE!

Attend Church more regularly. We had started attending a Church here in Auburn and I really do like it, but I think I'm looking for something a little more traditional. I hope to coerce Josh into trying a different Church here that I'm really interested in and *BONUS* it is affiliated with the private school we hope to send Reagan to in the future (once she's homeschooled for a couple of years of course!)

Start Reagan's college fund. (Shame, shame, shame...yes, she's a year old and we've neglected doing this.)

Start a Christmas club!

Save more money than we did last year!

Get ahead of the cooking and laundry for once by purchasing a freezer and downsizing the number of outfits Reagan wears in a day..currently it's somewhere around 4 or 5......yes, yes, those of you who have been moms much longer than I have are currently shaking your heads in disbelief!

Well the munchkin is now awake from her very *short* nap...which means mommy's computer time is over...Love to all!

1 comment:

  1. Happy New Year to you guys! Good luck with your resolutions. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails