"Yes, we did produce a near-perfect republic. But will they keep it? Or will they, in the enjoyment of plenty, lose the memory of freedom? Material abundance without character is the path of destruction"-Thomas Jefferson

Thursday, January 31, 2008

I'm in a LOVE mood...

The jazz music playing on the blog, Harry Conick, Jr's smooooooooooooooth voice, visions of puppy and kitty Valentine's cards dancing in my head and sickly sweet conversation hearts...*sigh*

Actually I should be in a 'get your butt out of the chair and go to the store for milk and batteries' kind of mood since we're about to be hit with a huge snow storm. Bah! But who wants to be in that mood over the looooooooooooooooooooooove mood??? (insert swooning women and cupid here please) Certainly not me!

Ah, but I jest. Actually I kind of like the thought of being snowed in with my family (save the fact that our house is a shambles....ok so I get a little overzealous with things and then run out of steam. Such is life). But I really do. We're snowed in. We're forced to be together. We're cozy, generally happy and tonight we're having homemade Chinese food (as our menu got pushed around a little bit!) and watching movies. How much fun is that?

I love this time with my family! Who knows? Maybe I'll pull out the pink and red heart covered paper plates and red napkins for tonight. Wouldn't that just set the perfect tone ;)

At any rate, Reagan's nap should be ending soon and I really should get to the store...why is it people always buy milk when there's almost a 100% chance of the power going out? Who knows? But if it does...at least I'll have snow to bury it in!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails