"Yes, we did produce a near-perfect republic. But will they keep it? Or will they, in the enjoyment of plenty, lose the memory of freedom? Material abundance without character is the path of destruction"-Thomas Jefferson

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Ten on Tuesday


My IRL friend, Jana, participates in Ten on Tuesday hosted by Roots and Rings. I've been reading her responses for a while now, so I thought I would give it a go!

1. If you could trade lives with another blogger for a day, who would it be and why?
Serena from the Farm Chicks. I LOVE her home, the area she lives in, and I would love to just hang around her family and friends all day getting ideas!

2. Do you prefer receiving handmade or store bought gifts? Be honest!
This is a toughie. I love homemade things but I also love vintage things (that are bought..but not at stores, usually), SO, I have to say I really like items that AREN'T store-bought. Like old pails, handmade topiaries, etc.


3. Would you rather camp or stay in a hotel?
Ok, it really depends on the bathroom situation. I need a NICE, CLEAN bathroom. If I have to take a shower with spiders or use a darkened toilet area, I'm NOT going to be happy. Then again, most hotel rooms are just covered with gross germs (hotel maids do NOT clean the rooms that well!). UGH. Ok, ok...so if I had to have a choice...I would choose camping.....WITH a camper.

4. What’s your favorite comfort food?
Anything my Granny cooks. Seriously. But especially Lemon Pie, fried chicken, HER mashed potatoes....AND her chicken pot pie. Oh gosh, my mouth is watering....

5. You’re having a really bad day at work. How do you unwind when you come home?
I stay at home all day so I really enjoy getting out and perusing the aisles at Target with a cup of coffee!

6. What’s your favorite chore?
Cooking :)

7. What got you interested in blogging?
My friend Jana's blog started my interest and I thought, how great...I get to share stories about Reagan, my thoughts..why not?

8. Are you currently reading a book? What is it?
The Well Trained Mind by Jessi Wise and Susan Wise Bauer--highly recommend!

9. Do you have a favorite artist?
As in painting? No. Music? Vivaldi!

10. Have you ever met someone famous?
Yes. Enough said.

2 comments:

  1. Target really is a happy place!

    So glad you participated! Hope you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your hotel vs. camping answer, hilarious! I'm going to see if I can find a copy of The Well Trained Mind at the library. Thanks for the homeschool book recs.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails