"Yes, we did produce a near-perfect republic. But will they keep it? Or will they, in the enjoyment of plenty, lose the memory of freedom? Material abundance without character is the path of destruction"-Thomas Jefferson

Friday, October 3, 2008

Why There Is No Dinner

I STARTED making dinner..yes, started....then I discovered Reagan trying to put her finger along with anything else she could find, in a light socket..which led to me re-baby proofing the house (all the uncovered plugs were now exposed due to me rearranging the house). As I was baby proofing, I discovered a spider the size of my hand...which I then chased all over the bedroom with a bottle of Seventh Generation cleaner..which apparently was not enough to kill the sucker, which is why I am now going to switch back to toxins. This also explains why there is no dinner and why I am hunched..feet up, with keyboard on knees, on the top of a chair...hiding from a giant, BUT VERY CLEAN, spider.

2 comments:

  1. And cue the memories of the mouse again...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! That's what you get for laughing about my roach! :-) And also why I still have some toxins around.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails