"Yes, we did produce a near-perfect republic. But will they keep it? Or will they, in the enjoyment of plenty, lose the memory of freedom? Material abundance without character is the path of destruction"-Thomas Jefferson

Monday, November 17, 2008

We're Back...from a great vacation!

Hi everyone! We're finally back from a two week vacation with my family (in case you were wondering why I haven't posted in a while!) We had a great time, catching up, enjoying my Granny's cooking, getting Reagan acqainted with her family and letting them spoil her rotten. I promise I'll try to get pictures up in the next week or so, and in the next few days I'll be posting some hilarious Reagan stories!

Let's see---during the visit, I managed to seriously damage my grandparents' car...not my fault, but I feel terribly guilty about it nonetheless. Reagan managed to score some more toys. Reagan got her first hair cut. I ate my weight in lemon pie....and we all enjoyed some terrific weather.

The only real blemish on the trip was the outcome of the election. We were all BITTERLY (hmm, that sounds familiar) dissappointed and clinging to our religion...not to mention our guns..hopefully those will carry us through the next four years. My Granny kept saying that God may choose to punish us for our wicked ways...I believe she may be right. I'm just going to keep praying that God shows us mercy and somehow changes the direction of our country.

That's it for this post. I'll be posting tomorrow! It's great to be back!

1 comment:

  1. welcome home! i'm happy you had a good vacation! nothing is better than quality time with family!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails