"Yes, we did produce a near-perfect republic. But will they keep it? Or will they, in the enjoyment of plenty, lose the memory of freedom? Material abundance without character is the path of destruction"-Thomas Jefferson

Friday, July 16, 2010

Argh!

Reagan informed me today that MY teddy bear...which *I* have had since I was 16 was furthermore known as "Flower" and not "Cornelius"! I beg her pardon! First off, he's a BOY teddy bear as evidenced by his cable-knit brown sweater and dour expression. Second, he's MY teddy bear and has had the same name for 16 years!......She simply informed me that I was grown up now and so he wasn't mine anymore and his name WAS FLOWER. Hmpf...I don't know what to make of this child!

2 comments:

  1. Saw your link at Home Sanctuary. How funny that she has a new name for your toy. I think it is great that you had a toy of your own to pass down to her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like a konck-down, drag-out battle. I wonder who will be the victor?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails