"Yes, we did produce a near-perfect republic. But will they keep it? Or will they, in the enjoyment of plenty, lose the memory of freedom? Material abundance without character is the path of destruction"-Thomas Jefferson

Friday, July 23, 2010

I love....

watching a flower bloom
hanging sheets out to dry in the breeze
spontaneous "I love you"s from Reagan
unexpected love notes from Josh
finding a ready-to-pick vegetable in the garden
the smell of water from the hose
candlelight and jazz music
the smell of coffee waking me up..or bacon!
a new recipe that the whole family loves!
laying my head in Granny's lap and letting her tell me everything is ok
a phone call with my best friend
reading with Reagan
my best friend doing my hair just as she's done for goodness knows how many years
Granny's chicken pot pie
lightening bugs
cotton candy clouds at daybreak
cotton tail bunnies
chives with purple flowers
fat firm red ripe tomatoes, with just a hint of salt...on white bread with mayo
grand-daddy long legs, ladybugs and rolly pollies
swings
falling asleep with Josh's arms around me
watching Reagan sleep with her mouth open and her bangs plastered to her forehead with that sweet sleepy sweat babies tend to have
being barefoot
dandelions
the cool of sunset after the breathless heat of the day
falling asleep in sun-dried linens
listening to Reagan pretend-play
a cold drink and a new magazine
a clean, fresh house
finding a book so good everything else fades into the background
"getting it" when God is trying to tell me something

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails