"Yes, we did produce a near-perfect republic. But will they keep it? Or will they, in the enjoyment of plenty, lose the memory of freedom? Material abundance without character is the path of destruction"-Thomas Jefferson

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

2010 Version of All You Ever Wanted to Know

...about how we celebrate Christmas (but didn't care enough to ask ;) )

I saw this as a post over at It's Almost Naptime! and I couldn't resist sharing here too!

1. Egg nog or hot chocolate? Neither! Coffee with a TON of holiday creamers--Peppermint Mocha, Pumpkin Pecan Spice, Eggnog.....I love them all! I swear I pour in half the bottle into my coffee cup. Is there a Creamers Anonymous anywhere???

2. Does Santa wrap presents or sit them under the tree? Santa is a smart man and after the first year of delivering presents to our house, realized that many fits could be avoided if he simply left the wrapping paper off and the gifts assembled ;)

3. Colored lights or white? I put up SEVERAL trees. Some of them have white, some have colored. It depends on the theme of the tree and which room it's in. I prefer white. It lets the ornaments shine through without distracting from them. Can you tell I'm a *little* obsessive about Christmas???

4. Do you hang mistletoe? Yes...although it rarely works in this house!

5. When do your decorations go up? Personally I would put them up in the middle of November, but Josh is obsessive about Thanksgiving....so Christmas decor Friday after Thanksgiving. It takes about three days to decorate!!

6. What is your favorite holiday dish? It's a tie between cornbread dressing and lemon pie!

7. Favorite holiday memory as a child? Waking up Christmas morning to see dozens of leather bound vintage Children's books arranged in a design around the Christmas tree. I can still smell them :)

8. When did you learn the truth about Santa? What truth??????

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? OF COURSE!!!!!!

10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? Um,......I have to make sure the colors aren't grouped together and everything has to be spaced perfectly so you can see something from all sides!

11. Snow-love it or dread it? I love the THOUGHT of snow. Frankly, I can do without it...Let it snow on Christmas Eve all day and all through Christmas Day and melt on the 26th!!

12. Can you ice skate? I grew up in a state with ONE rink.....two hours away from me!! You can guess the answer!

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? The leather bound Children's collection and my microscope!

14. What's the most important thing about the holidays for you? Knowing and celebrating that my Lord and Savior came to earth as a precious child :)

15. What is your favorite holiday dessert? LEMON PIE!!!! (Granny's recipe of course!)

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Um, lemon pie??? :) No really, driving around with hot cocoa and listening to Christmas music while looking at the lights!

17. What tops your tree? A star, but Reagan has requested an angel on at least one tree this year!

18. Which do you prefer-giving or receiving? GIVING!! I love finding the perfect gift for Reagan and Josh!!! I LOOOOOVE seeing their eyes light up. (But don't get me wrong--I love getting gifts too!)

19. What is your favorite Christmas song? Angels We Have Heard on High, Christmas Canon by Transiberian Orchestra, Good King Wenceslas--really I love all the Christmas hymns!

20. Candy Canes-yuck or yum? In peppermint bark--YUM!!!!!

21. Favorite Christmas show? Holiday Inn!!!!

22. Saddest Christmas Song? ???????????????? I don't know!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails