"Yes, we did produce a near-perfect republic. But will they keep it? Or will they, in the enjoyment of plenty, lose the memory of freedom? Material abundance without character is the path of destruction"-Thomas Jefferson

Thursday, November 25, 2010

What I'm Thankful For!

I'm most thankful for my wonderful Saviour that came to earth in human form and sacrificed Himself for me. I'm more thankful than I could ever possibly say for my amazing family--my husband and daughter, my parents, grandparents, in-laws, extended family and friends than I could ever tell them.

But what else am I thankful for? After reading a blog post over at 50s Housewife, I decided to list the top ten non-tangible things I'm most thankful for!

(In no particular order)
1. The Internet! (this is a love/hate relationship for me, but without it, I wouldn't know so many amazing people and have access to so many fun things for my family and I to do!)
2. Indoor plumbing! Can you imagine using a porta-potty style outhouse? EWWW!
3. Cell phones--they keep me from pacing the floors when Josh is commuting in a snow/ice storm.
4. Modern Medicine-that saved my daughter's life and my life and that continually keeps her healthy (most of the time!)
5. Cameras-I love being able to snap a shot of my daughter's face and look back at them any time I wish.
6. Printing Presses-that pop out book after book after book for me to enjoy.
7. Libraries-access to thousands of books I don't have to pay for!!!!
8. Cars-I live so far away from my family..if there weren't cars, I can imagine how few times I would get to see them over the course of a lifetime.
9. Refrigerators--I shudder to think of the germs caused by not refrigerating food!!
10. Glasses/Contacts-that enable me to see!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails