"Yes, we did produce a near-perfect republic. But will they keep it? Or will they, in the enjoyment of plenty, lose the memory of freedom? Material abundance without character is the path of destruction"-Thomas Jefferson

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Happy Belated Birthday to Stace!

Earlier this week was my best friend's birthday! (Everyone wave hi to Stace!!) I miss her desparately--she is currently living overseas in Italy with her husband and my two wonderful nieces.

Stacy and I have been best friends for oh, what...17 years now??? At any rate, a really LONG time--*sigh* and that should give some indication of how old we are. We've been through pretty much every scenario you can imagine--we've lived together, we've moved across the country together, we've been there for each other through boyfriends, falling in and out of love, husbands, children, death of friends, family problems, financial distress, illnesses, depression and all the sorrows and joys life has to offer. No one in my life, including my wonderful husband, knows me as well as Stacy does.

So, Stace, here's lookin' at you kid! *Raising my margarita glass in a salute* To the best sister and friend a girl could have, I hope you had an amazing day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails