"Yes, we did produce a near-perfect republic. But will they keep it? Or will they, in the enjoyment of plenty, lose the memory of freedom? Material abundance without character is the path of destruction"-Thomas Jefferson

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

In a cooking mood!

Last night I made mini apple turnovers (not so good..too much nutmeg!), a huge amount of meatballs because Reagan loves them so much (next time I need much leaner meat!!!) and these wonderful scrambled egg muffin cups. The recipe is below!

They are so delicious, I think I'll double the recipe next time. I froze almost a dozen of them and now I can just pull them out and pop them in the microwave for a few seconds for a quick, easy and nutritious breakfast for Reagan (with some fruit of course!)

Scrambled Egg Muffin Cups:
2 of the 2-packs of Morningstar Veggie Sausage (a total of 4 patties; you can also use a 1/2 lb of pork sausage if you prefer)
12 eggs
1/4 cup chopped onion (I used vidalia!)
vegetable of your choice (I used frozen broccoli florets, but the original recipe called for 1/4 cup of green pepper)
seasoning to taste (I used pepper and Italian seasoning)
1/2 cup of shredded cheddar cheese

Cook the sausage per the package directions then crumble. Mix the eggs, onion, veggie and seasonings together. Add in sausage and cheese.

Spoon by 1/3 cupfuls into greased muffin liners. Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.

Original recipe courtesy of Taste of Homes. Adapted by me, of course ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails