"Yes, we did produce a near-perfect republic. But will they keep it? Or will they, in the enjoyment of plenty, lose the memory of freedom? Material abundance without character is the path of destruction"-Thomas Jefferson

Sunday, September 21, 2008

Much laughter!

Here's a little tidbit from Reagan for you:

*****when we got home from being out and about today, josh was teasing reagan and asked her 'hey, what's that on your foot?' (it was a bandaid and she loves talking about booboos)...well, apparently it didn't register that he was asking about the booboo, because she kind of shrugged her shoulders in a 'gee, don't you already know, dad' kind of way and said ..."toes"

i nearly fell off the couch laughing!******

And if you want a really good laugh, check out my IRL friend, Jana's post about her battle with bugs!!!

As I was dying with laughter imagining her chase bugs around her house, I was reminded of a specific night when Jana, Kelly and I were all in college together..we shared a suite..Jana on one side with Mariah and Kelly and I on the other. One night as I was lying in the bottom bunk studying, I felt something staring at me. I looked up and straight across to where a mouse was WATCHING me.

Needless to say, I freaked...and of course, so did Kelly! I promptly vaulted to the top bunk and then Kelly and I used our desk chairs to walk around the room: standing on one, picking up the other, moving to that one, reaching behind and lifting the other. Of course Jana heard the commotion, came in and with all practicality said, 'oh goodness it's just a little mouse. I'm going to bed.'....and she did...after stuffing three towels under her door to make sure the 'little mouse' couldn't get to her!

After a long night, a trip to Walmart in seal slippers and buying a mouse trap the size of Montana, the mouse finally departed ways with us. Poor mouse.

2 comments:

  1. Jana's post reminded me of this too. R.I.P. Louise and little mouse. I did NOT enjoy sharing a dorm with that rodent!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh...the lovely memories of college. :-)

    I laughed when I read your comment on my post; Matt did, too.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails