"Yes, we did produce a near-perfect republic. But will they keep it? Or will they, in the enjoyment of plenty, lose the memory of freedom? Material abundance without character is the path of destruction"-Thomas Jefferson

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Been quiet around here...

I haven't felt much like blogging lately. In fact, to be honest, I haven't felt much like doing anything lately..but this week I've been getting back into the swing of things...having play dates, trying not to be quite so cranky with Reagan, cleaning...you know..just living.

Yesterday I even forced myself out into the rain in my new (bright red, mind you) rain boots and splashed in puddles with Reagan. I love the sound that our feet making, sucking up the mud and water and then the force of the water spraying out as our feet slap back into the mud.

While we were out playing in the rain, we watched a squirrel burying an acorn.
Let me tell you, this little guy was diligent about his task. It took him a good 10 minutes to bury it. Reagan and I decided to venture over and see if we could discover his loot. He'd hidden it well. Even though we'd watched him intently, we still couldn't find the hole. After poking around for a few minutes, I looked up and saw him scampering back down the tree, watching us. He stopped..hesitated, the scampered closer....closer...and sat up on his haunches, whiskers twitching, little hands held together....as though he was saying "please, oh please don't take my food!" He.was.adorable!

Reagan and I left his treasure alone and went inside for hot chocolate..which apparently triggered the "I'm ready for Christmas to be here NOW" gene, because later she went to the library with Daddy and returned with Barney's Christmas Special. (Yes--that Barney--as in giant purple dino.) Today she even held an impromptu concert with her friends, singing Christmas carols and asking for more hot chocolate and having a 'snowball' fight with hair ribbons.

If she's this anxious for Christmas it's going to be a long, long fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails