"Yes, we did produce a near-perfect republic. But will they keep it? Or will they, in the enjoyment of plenty, lose the memory of freedom? Material abundance without character is the path of destruction"-Thomas Jefferson

Friday, August 6, 2010

Hmm.

The title of this post was going to be "Oooh...look at me, posting two days in a row!" But um, yeah, this is Friday. NOT Thursday. This summer has been so erratic, so different from our normal lives, that I feel completely off course. I can't wait to get back on a schedule and enjoy the next few months with Reagan. AND start school!

I *think* Reagan is excited to be homeschooling this year. I know I'm excited. I've purchased almost all her curriculum--I have a few more things to order, and now I'm in the process of organizing it. I am usually one of those people that needs things planned out for me in advance so I can see the big picture--otherwise I tend to get overwhelmed. But in getting everything together, I think I'm only going to plan a month in advance...which may be more work in the long run, but it'll allow us more flexibility--which I do enjoy!

I know I printed out our curriculum choices for this year in an earlier post, but things have changed slightly since then. I've found some curriculum that I like a little bit more than those I previously posted....and I realized that I can't be quite as aggressive as I wanted to be. She IS only 3 1/2! So with that in mind, we're holding off on studying history for another year or two and we're going to be doing a lot more unit studies. I'm also utilizing the Horizon's program through Alpha-Omega Publications--I'm very impressed with their company. I love that Horizon's is an advanced program, great for gifted students, BUT, I can go as slow as we need to--or as fast as we need to!

LOL! As you can see, I'm really in the mood for school to start. Who knows, maybe I'll even buy a pack of pencils..freshly sharpened, and arrange a bouquet on my kitchen table today? ;) (You've Got Mail fans should know what I'm talking about!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails