"Yes, we did produce a near-perfect republic. But will they keep it? Or will they, in the enjoyment of plenty, lose the memory of freedom? Material abundance without character is the path of destruction"-Thomas Jefferson

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Neurotic Cat

Porthos has anxiety issues. BIG anxiety issues. He's always been a fraidy cat and when I leave him for any length of time, he tends to get destructive. Several years ago, I went home to Alabama for a week and he ate holes in my vellux blanket.

I know he's been upset about Pritsha. He's been cuddling in our room (never does that), he's been eating less (he's a pig) and he's been sleeping on Pritsha's chair and not moving for an entire day at a time.

I thought he was getting along better. Apparently not. THIS is what I found today when I went back to my bedroom. I understand what he's going through so I'm trying to refrain from screaming at him and throwing him out the door.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails