"Yes, we did produce a near-perfect republic. But will they keep it? Or will they, in the enjoyment of plenty, lose the memory of freedom? Material abundance without character is the path of destruction"-Thomas Jefferson

Saturday, April 12, 2008

The agony, the despair, the horror!

Starbucks HAS REMOVED the reduced-fat chocolate chip banana bread from the menu. Ladies and gentlemen, I may never be the same again. Not to mention what it's going to do to poor Reagan. This was our favorite Mommy and Reagan treat in the afternoons when mommy was exhausted and needed coffee!

Arrrrrrrrrggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhh...so now I have to make it every single time I want it! Which is not a REAL problem, because I do have the recipe and it's pretty easy...but for goodness sakes! That was my 'I'm-too-tired-to-function' treat! EEEEK! Can you tell this is really upsetting news for me??? I like order, people. Order and for things to stay the same. Change upsets me. This is major change and I need some time to adjust. Grrrrrrrrrrrr.

Alright. Moving on.

On other topics, I'd like to say 'hello' to my best friend who is finally over in Italy with her husband and children! So-"HELLO OVER THERE!" I miss her so much but we lead such different lives (her husband is in the Army and they get to go all sorts of exciting places!) that we never are in the same place anymore..although we do try to arrange our visits home to Alabama so that they coincide. But those are few and far between. I can't wait to visit her in Italy!

At any rate, Stace, I miss you and I can't wait til you call. (Hmm...which reminds me...I need to find a decent calling rate to Italy!) I don't call overseas THAT much...although I did back in the day when I had a friend in the UK, then Stacy in Germany, and I once had a friend in Japan I thought I might stay in touch with--at any rate what I'm trying to say is that I'm not exceptionally well versed in international calls and I always get so confused by the country code, this code, that code....WHY do they need to be so long??? Things should be much simpler!

Now that my rants are over, I'm off to do some work. Enjoy your weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails