"Yes, we did produce a near-perfect republic. But will they keep it? Or will they, in the enjoyment of plenty, lose the memory of freedom? Material abundance without character is the path of destruction"-Thomas Jefferson

Thursday, April 17, 2008

And the Circle of Life continues....

Many, many years ago an event happened. I will not go into all of the details. It is sufficient to say: we were young, stupid and a little out of control. The important part of the story (at least in relation to this particular story I'm about to tell you) is that I threw up in my best friend Stacy's bra (among other places, such as my car, the steps to our apartment, etc, etc, etc).

This morning I woke up to Reagan throwing up and, well, explosive diahrea (poor, poor kid). This evening, the throwing up continued...and, much to my chagrin, the circle of life also continued and she threw up in MY bra.

There is nothing quite like having warm, sticky, smelly bodily fluids, along with chunks of partially digested banana, cascading over your skin. It's quite enough to make you want to thrust everything from you and run at breakneck speed into your shower.

However, being a mom, I held my baby close and told her it was going to be ok...while she puked down my bra a second time. Now, if that isn't true love...what is?

3 comments:

  1. I don't know whether to laugh or cry! I hope she feels better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ewww, been there before! Except the first time it happened to me was after a cross-country flight and I was standing outside the airport. WE had an hour and a half ride home in the car. Mmmm, it was a fun car ride! Hope Reagan is feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here's hoping everyone is feeling better. My daughter and I had a similar experience on our first day of vacation (and throughout our trip) and I never thought I would have that reaction--hold her close and comfort her when every fiber of my being was recoiling against the sensation of puke sliding down my nightgown! Take care!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails