"Yes, we did produce a near-perfect republic. But will they keep it? Or will they, in the enjoyment of plenty, lose the memory of freedom? Material abundance without character is the path of destruction"-Thomas Jefferson

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Fun Day for Us!

Reagan and I woke up early this morning, got ready and headed out! First stop, the library where we did all kinds of crafts, then on to the post office (where Reagan wanted to play hide and seek, but I wouldn't let her!), then shopping at some adorable downtown stores and then lunch at one of my favorite local resturants on the second story of one of the old downtown buildings. Did I mention we walked the whole time (well, I walked...Reagan rode in her little pink push car, and walked a couple of blocks when she got tired of getting jostled around!)

Great exercise, fresh air, awesome food and some good deals on early Christmas gifts! I think we'll do it next week during the downtown area's sale days. I absolutely love that we love in such a Norman Rockwell-ish town and that we can walk pretty much anywhere we really need to go!

The only downside was coming home and trying to put her down for a nap, which included lots of yelling and threatening timeouts if she didn't STAY IN HER BED!....Sadly, I think naptime is about to end for us :(

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails