"Yes, we did produce a near-perfect republic. But will they keep it? Or will they, in the enjoyment of plenty, lose the memory of freedom? Material abundance without character is the path of destruction"-Thomas Jefferson

Saturday, March 8, 2008

I've been tagged for Crazy Eights!

My IRL friend Jana tagged me to participate in a meme. So, in her words, here are several things in groups of 8, that you may or may not want to know about me!

8 things I want to do before I die

1. Know that my daughter is a Christian and saved.
2. Meet my grandchildren.
3. Move to a secluded mountain hideaway with Josh where we can grow old together.
4. Write a book.
5. Create a prize-winning recipe from scratch.
6. Ask a life-changing question of a candidate that really makes people think.
7. Teach my children to appreciate life in a way that I am just discovering.
8. Take one incredible vacation with my entire family.

8 things I say often

1. No, no, no, no.
2. Reagan. Reagan. Reagan.
3. Yah!!! (when we learn something new!)
4. Grrr! (to make Reagan laugh or when I'm exasperated)
5. Silly! (to Reagan!)
6. I love you.
7. I'm tired. (to Josh or anyone who will listen)
8. She's just so smart and beautiful. (to Josh as we stare in awe at our daughter every night)

8 songs I sing over and over again

1. If you like to talk to tomatoes...(Veggie Tales theme song)
2. Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star
3. Blue skies and rainbows
4. As the deer
5. I love Reagan (made up song)
6. If you're happy and you know it
7. ACK--I can't think of anymore..I sing the same ones over and over! In the Jungle (I can't believe I forgot this one..it's our favorite!)
8. A medley of Little Einsteins theme song, Tigger and Pooh theme song, Mickey Mouse theme song and Higglytown Hereos theme songs!

8 things I’m passionate about
1. My daughter.
2. My marriage.
3. My family.
4. My friends.
5. Reading.
6. Politics and the state and future of our country.
7. PPD awareness.
8. Taking care of my family and those I love.

8 books I’ve read recently
1. Slugs in Love
2. A cheesy historical romance
3. Quack! Quack!
4. Oh where, Oh where has my little dog gone?
5. Dancing with Degas
6. Harry takes a bath
7. The tawny scrawy lion
8. And yet another cheesy historical romance!

8 things that attract me to my best friends
1. Loyalty.
2. Sense of humor.
3. Integrity and honesty.
4. Similiar interests
5. Similiar beliefs
6. Shared experiences.
7. Our families mesh well.
8. They like me for WHO I am. Not who they want me to be.

8 people I think should do Crazy Eights, ok I don't know 8 blogging people!!
1. Stace

2 comments:

  1. Great lists, Leah; I enjoyed reading your answers. I don't know about you, but it was hard for me to come up with 8 of some of these. Thanks for playing along!

    ReplyDelete
  2. do i really have to....just joking...i will do it, but it might be late late tonight.....mama and daddy drove up for miah's birthday so the house is full.....plus i need to think of all the answers....love ya

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails