"Yes, we did produce a near-perfect republic. But will they keep it? Or will they, in the enjoyment of plenty, lose the memory of freedom? Material abundance without character is the path of destruction"-Thomas Jefferson

Sunday, July 13, 2008

Menu Plan Monday



My goal is to not shop at all for the rest of the month and still provide my family with healthy, very nutritious, frugal meals (because who really wants to spend $600 at the grocery store every month..and the prices keep going up!). (The exception to going to the store will be any huge sales in which I need to stock up on normal items like whole wheat pasta or frozen veggies or the farmer's market where I can get very cheap, locally grown produce!)

Monday: Salmon patties with whole grain brown rice (not instant!) and steamed vegetables
Tuesday: Pork roast with new potatoes and vegetables (guests over)
Wednesday: BBQ pork sandwhiches on homemade bread with sweet potato sticks
Thursday: Vegetable soup with corn muffins (this to use the wonderful fresh veggies I've been cutting up from the farmer's market and storing in the freezer!)
Friday: Breakfast for Dinner! Blueberry pancakes and vegetable-egg omelets!
Saturday: Calzones with leftover meat and vegetables from the week, along with a hearty tomato sauce (just use spaghetti sauce!)
Sunday: Pork with rice, pineapple and green peppers

Breakfasts: Fruit, bacon, eggs, toast (homemade), oatmeal in various forms
Lunches: Leftovers or sandwhiches on homemade bread--chicken salad, egg salad or tuna salad
Snacks: Fruit, veggies, cheese sticks, gingerbread cookies, zucchini muffins (with fresh zucchini!)
Beverages: Water, juice, tea, coffee, formula/milk or koolaid in Josh's case!

10 comments:

  1. I am hoping to stay out of the grocery store for the rest of this month as well. I might have to go get milk, but that should be it.

    The week Looks delish! We love having breakfast for dinner. And I must agree about the garden fresh veggies. Ain't summertime grand? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very healthy tasty looking meal plan. I love the way you have factored in usung left overs - such a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you really spend 600 dollars a month at the grocery store???!!!i only allow myslef to spend no more than 120 a week and that encludes all household needs to(t.p., laundry soap, etc)and i found here that shopping by the week saves us because we dont waste anything, plus bread and fruits/veggies go bad soooooo quick here....

    ReplyDelete
  4. p.s....i think i might add menu plan monday to blog too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My children and I really like pancakes - especially my daughter! The blueberry pancakes sound good! I also like to do chocolate chip pancakes somtimes and top them with cool whip if I have some on hand.

    Hope you have a wonderful week!
    Karen
    www.homeschoolblogger.com/cookalatte
    www.homeschoolblogger.com/salt
    Hope you have a wonderful week!
    Karen
    www.homeschoolblogger.com/cookalatte
    www.homeschoolblogger.com/salt

    ReplyDelete
  6. yummy week planned!

    enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yum! It looks delicious. We are having a breakfast for dinner meal this week too! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Salmon patties look awesome. I haven't had them in years, my grandma used to make them for me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great menu. The vegetable soup and corn muffins sound good. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This menu sounds great! Would you mind posting how you do sweet potato sticks? Is just french fry type thing using sweet potatoes instead? I'd love to get my family to eat more veggies and I'm tired of the one's we serve all the time.

    Jill

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails