"Yes, we did produce a near-perfect republic. But will they keep it? Or will they, in the enjoyment of plenty, lose the memory of freedom? Material abundance without character is the path of destruction"-Thomas Jefferson

Friday, July 18, 2008

The past two days

...have been a whirlwind of activity. Thursday morning Reagan visited with two of her playmates while mommy went home and did some cleaning and lounging...from there it was non-stop playtime, including a carnival at the library which was great fun, moving furniture in the backyard, playing in the pool, dinner at another friend's house and then today we went blueberry picking and then had lunch with several friends at Burker King where the girls all attacked the bouncy mat with relish!

I am pooped! But tonight is Mommy and Daddy date night, and we're going to see the Dark Knight. No matter how tired I am, this is a movie I am sure to be completely tuned in to..no napping in the dark theatre this time! I can barely wait to see the drama, action and depth of the characters come alive...it is so different from the Batman of my childhood, which was more like a sad comedy than a true drama! Even my beloved Val Kilmer let me down in his potrayal.

I'm also anxious to see Heath Ledger's final performance. Although I whole heartedly disagreed with his political views, I thought Heath was a FANTASTIC actor and I own several of his movies...he actually stars in one of my favorite movies of all time,
'10 Things I Hate About You'. I also secretely think he was an incredible hotty. Can we say *droooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool*???? I either fall for exceptionally conservative guys, such as my husband, or guys with chunky blonde hair and incredible eyes! I guess we all know which category Heath falls into!

I'm really saddened by the fact that he died of something that could have been prevented. I too have suffered insomnia and depression and anxiety and my heart goes out to him and to his family. There too, for me, were times when I would have done anything to be able to get some sleep. The only thing that stopped me from taking more and more of the sleeping drugs was the fact that I needed to be able to hear Reagan and wake up if she needed me. You keep thinking 'if only I could get some sleep, I know I'll be ok," and you function from that perspective only. My heart aches to think of how he was just trying to make things better and how a simple thing like an accidental overdose took his life too soon. My heart especially aches for his little girl :(

On that note, I'll leave you all until I can post a review of the movie. Have a wonderful weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails