"Yes, we did produce a near-perfect republic. But will they keep it? Or will they, in the enjoyment of plenty, lose the memory of freedom? Material abundance without character is the path of destruction"-Thomas Jefferson

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

"Oh God"

Isn't it interesting that when you hurt yourself sometimes, the only thing you can think to say is "Oh God" repeatedly? I'm pretty sure I broke my baby toe today (yes, Reagan, your mommy IS the clutziest person in the world) and I think I must have said "Oh God" about 35 times while hopping on one leg, cluthing my toe. And yes, this did freak Reagan out, but at the time, my primary concern was the fact that I was sure my baby toe was about to fall off.

Now, I'm not sure if "Oh God" is in response to the pain or a plea to the Almighty to deliver me from the torture I was experiencing. All I know is that God had many petitions before His Throne this morning....and a majority of them had to do with my baby toe. I'm not sure what that says exactly about my priorities........

2 comments:

  1. I thought I was the klutziest person in the world?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wait...i was the one who used to get out of bed and fall on the floor every morning remember??

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails