"Yes, we did produce a near-perfect republic. But will they keep it? Or will they, in the enjoyment of plenty, lose the memory of freedom? Material abundance without character is the path of destruction"-Thomas Jefferson

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

I received another 'anonymous' comment (I actually receive these fairly often, but this one made me laugh out loud literally!) on my blog post regarding Israel. Now usually, I don't make time to read anonymous comments once I figure out that they're not from family or friends, but this one was short enough and started off funny enough, that I made an exception before I deleted it.

It asked if I had several tin hats that I wore and said I was one scary person. It was a cute comment that I suppose was meant to be derogatory but I found it amusing and it actually made my day, and gave me a new blog topic!

Actually I am the perfect conspiracy-theorist! But I don't believe in aliens, the Easter Bunny or man-made global warming. I do believe that Obama is networking with countries that have provided aid to terrorists or the actual terrorists themselves; and that Michelle Obama is actually more dangerous than her husband. I do believe that the government wants to control every aspect of our lives (banning trans fat anyone? They can't even trust us to know what to eat!) or at least, the more liberal side of the government wants to control our lives.

But am I really the scary one? *I'm* not making these things happen. I'm merely pointing out what *IS* happening in the world today. I do think it's much scarier to simply blindly follow what the media reports. I do think it's much scarier to not use your own mind. I think it's even MORE scary to refuse to follow the law of God AND to keep your head buried in the sand, when all around you life is changing..for the worse. And the scariest of all? Refusing to teach our children God's laws.

I am proud to be numbered among conservative men and women. Prouder still that my words reach people, granted probably not many, but they are reaching SOME people and maybe that's helping them to think about the future, what it holds and what they believe. Now whether they choose to let my words anger them, or they choose to use them as a thought provoking message, well I guess that's up to them.

Tomorrow is a new year. A year in which I've made a lot of promises to myself. This past year was difficult for me. I was very vocal about my beliefs and as such, caused myself a lot of personal pain. I have been called many names. I've been told I'm mentally ill for my beliefs. I've been told that I shouldn't raise a child. I've been told that my child is going to suffer tremendously for the way I am raising her. Those things did bother me, but in the last few weeks I've found a peace and I'm hoping that continues in the next year. I am happy and am going to continue to have happiness in my life, regardless of people that are so unhappy they feel the need to spread it around.

I know what my beliefs are, and I will continue to stand for them, because that does make me happy. It also makes me happy to continue to raise my child in such a way that her life will be pleasing to God, no matter how unpleasing it may be to those who refute His Word.

So, as we go into the New Year, I encourage my conservative friends and readers to stand tall for what you believe. God did not promise it would be easy. In fact, we are shown example after example of how UNeasy it will be to believe in and stand up for His Word. You will be persecuted, you will be called names. But this earth is only our home for a little while. So stand tall, continue to teach your children God's word, continue to be vocal about what you believe. And God bless you and your family in the new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails