"Yes, we did produce a near-perfect republic. But will they keep it? Or will they, in the enjoyment of plenty, lose the memory of freedom? Material abundance without character is the path of destruction"-Thomas Jefferson

Thursday, March 5, 2009

Update on us!

Ugh. What a week. Reagan has been really sick..in fact, she's been to the doctor three days in a row and they were thinking about admitting her to the hospital. Yesterday she had an uber-dose of antibiotics in the form of a *very painful* shot and today she's doing much better than she previously was. However, she's still one sick little girl. I feel so badly for her....she just cries from the pain of the continued hacking and coughing and she's on nine different medications. I hope she'll be back to normal in a few days, after finishing off her medications. Please keep her in your prayers.

In the meantime, I have become rundown and sick as well...although no where even close to how sick Reagan was. But we've been eating takeout food every single night and a mountain of laundry, dishes and tissues have been piling up. As soon as we feel better, Reagan and I are going to be making casseroles for the freezer just in case anything like this happens again, we can eat good, nutritious food!

As for the adoption, it has been cancelled. Josh decided he could not go through with it...he had reservations about loving a child that wasn't 'ours'...I did some research and apparently this is VERY common, especially for males. However, since it's not something he can just overcome, we decided to officially cancel. Which means we lost a nice chunk of cash and I was really angry, hurt and disappointed, but I'm moving forward and trying to pursue other options.

So that's it from us at the moment. I'll try to catch up on blogging in a few days. In the meantime, I hope everyone is enjoying the beginning of spring.

3 comments:

  1. I hope everyone is well soon. I am sorry you won't be adopting. I know how much you wanted that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Leah, I'm so sorry you're going through all that. I'm so sorry about the adoption, that must be so frustrating and difficult to deal with. And I hope that poor Reagan feels better soon - and you too. Sending lots of hugs your way!
    ((HUGS))
    Erika

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry to hear about the adoption; I know you must be hurting.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails