"Yes, we did produce a near-perfect republic. But will they keep it? Or will they, in the enjoyment of plenty, lose the memory of freedom? Material abundance without character is the path of destruction"-Thomas Jefferson

Monday, March 28, 2011

Reaganisms


As we were reading The House in the Night, Reagan looked at the skeleton key (seen in this image) and loudly declared "This MUST be from the 80s, we don't use keys like that NOW!" *GROAN* I have never felt so old in my life......

*******
And, on the way to karate.....Reagan asked "How do mama cats get their baby kitties?" Needless to say, I nearly wrecked the van. After a quick thought through the parenting database in my brain, I remembered that usually kids just want a simple answer. So I tried "from their tummies, Reagan." Yep, that satisfied her..now I'm just wondering when that answer is going to stop working!!!

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails