"Yes, we did produce a near-perfect republic. But will they keep it? Or will they, in the enjoyment of plenty, lose the memory of freedom? Material abundance without character is the path of destruction"-Thomas Jefferson

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Update II on Pritsha

Pritsha has spent the last several days not eating at all--and I had stopped force feeding her in the hopes that she would eat on her own. Not so. I called the vet office and one of the vets suggested we try an IV of Valium. Apparently it makes cats ravenously hungry after receiving it.

After she was weighed....at 5 lbs 15 oz (still loosing), they gave her the IV and the Valium worked! She ate almost a tablespoon of food!! I got her home, gave her some more food later on...was feeling so ecstatic...and then everything she ate came up. I spent the evening crying while she flailed around (affects of sedation and from being too weak) and rasped for air. I attempted to give her water. She threw it up. She hid from us for a while, then I found her laying in her litter box in the wee hours of the morning and I took her to bed with me. I was convinced she wouldn't make it through the night.

But she did and thank God for being so merciful...she has been able to keep down a little food and water today (force feeding). Her prognosis is not good. Her body is metabolizing itself and causing her liver to shut down. Her ears are showing some jaundice. The best I can do is keep feeding her and hope that it reverses the liver damage and we can put the weight back on her.

I know many people are not animal people, but I certainly am, and she is my first (fur)baby so if you pray, please say a prayer for her.

2 comments:

  1. Oh no! I am so sorry. I will definitely be praying for her and you. They are members of the family too and when one is sick or dies, it can be very devastating. ((HUGS)) Leah!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails