"Yes, we did produce a near-perfect republic. But will they keep it? Or will they, in the enjoyment of plenty, lose the memory of freedom? Material abundance without character is the path of destruction"-Thomas Jefferson

Monday, August 17, 2009

Reaganism Time!

Reagan has a habit of picking random things that Josh and I say and responding to it with "DON'T SAY THAT!!!" At first it started when (embarrassingly enough) I said "Oh God" to something that had happened (who knows what it was...maybe me spilling something? The cat puking on the rug AGAIN!?) And she was certainly right. I didn't need to use the Lord's name like that.

BUT...then it evolved into her saying "DON'T SAY THAT!" to even the most ordinary things we would chat about. Finally, exasperated today after Reagan had interrupted us several times to tell us NOT to say something, Josh looked at her and said "Well, what can I say, Reagan?" She refused to answer. So he smiled and said "Walla Walla Washington? Can I say that?"

Her prompt response? A very emphatic and serious: "Yes, you can say that. That is a good word!"

Toddlers.......

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails