"Yes, we did produce a near-perfect republic. But will they keep it? Or will they, in the enjoyment of plenty, lose the memory of freedom? Material abundance without character is the path of destruction"-Thomas Jefferson

Saturday, August 29, 2009

Someone explain to me....

...exactly why the flags have been at half mast? Yes. I know Ted Kennedy died. But let's be brutally honest. I'm not mourning. In fact, the only nice thing I can say is that I do feel badly for his family. It hurts so much to lose a family member and I can imagine that they are truly grieving at the moment.

HOWEVER, America did not lose a great hero. America did not lose someone that deserved the flag to be lowered in their honor. With Kennedy's passing at least we have one less person that can do damage to our country and it's future. The man had no honor, no morals, no decency. He had no love of country or people. He had a love of power and the control that came with it.

I would much rather see the flag lowered to half mast in honor of a fallen soldier who gave his life to preserve our freedom and to protect me and my family, than see the flag lowered to half mast for a man so ill deserving of such an honor as Ted Kennedy.

Today America laid to rest a Senator, a man that SHOULD have served the best interests of the American people. A man who SHOULD have proved love of country over that of self. A man who did none of those things. A man instead, who disgraced his own life and continues to disgrace America by having the flag lowered in his so-called honor.

1 comment:

  1. Totally agree with you.
    I was really annoyed to have to tell my kids they couldn't watch Qubo this morning (they love Saturday cause they get to watch tv) because it had been pre-empted for his funeral.
    I do feel sad for his family. Losing a family member is always hard. But this was not a hardship for America.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails