"Yes, we did produce a near-perfect republic. But will they keep it? Or will they, in the enjoyment of plenty, lose the memory of freedom? Material abundance without character is the path of destruction"-Thomas Jefferson

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

The War on Christmas

Not ALL liberals are horrible people...but there are many that DO help promote the idea that most liberals are completely intolerant of anything they do not agree with and are extremely hate filled people. And for my friends that consider themselves liberal (since there are a few of you :) ), if you're going to call yourself a liberal, these are the types of people you're aligning yourself with.

Let me give you a little example:

I'm a member of a mom's board. And Christmas season is just around the corner. Since I'm a stay at home mom we especially need to conserve funds around this time of year. So I thought, 'hmm, why not start a Christmas deal forum where everyone can share great deals they find and coupons?' Sounds like a good idea, right?

WRONG.

It immediately turned into liberals up in arms about the fact that I hadn't made a general deal forum and that I had put the word "Christmas" in the title..and so on and so forth and generally just harassing me for the use of the word "Christmas". Maybe if I wanted to be PC I could have avoided the word Christmas..but to tell you the truth, the thought never even entered my head. To me, the Christmas season is just that. Christmas. We celebrate Christ's birth. Christmas.

I have absolutely no problem if you don't want to celebrate Christmas. If you celebrate Kwanza, Hanukkah, the Winter Solstice or whatever..fine...that's what YOU celebrate. But DO NOT inhibit my ability to celebrate Christmas. No one is forcing you to celebate Christmas or even call it that. BUT DO NOT tell me what I can and cannot call this season.

How hard is it for someone to start their own "Holiday" deal forum if that's what they want to call it? Instead of taking offense to and harrassing those who prefer to celebrate Christmas for what it is to them? It's as one mom said: "There are forums all over this particular mom's board for cloth diapering moms, and I'm not one of them. Does that mean that there shouldn't be cloth diapering forums?"

Hate filled intolerance. Harrassment. Voting fraud. Murder of unborn children. Blatant disrespect of God and His law. Rewarding of laziness instead of hard work. This is the liberal America we're living in. Oh, and let's not forget Obama's government ban and all-out war against Fox News for not promoting his liberal agenda. Is this even America anymore???

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails