"Yes, we did produce a near-perfect republic. But will they keep it? Or will they, in the enjoyment of plenty, lose the memory of freedom? Material abundance without character is the path of destruction"-Thomas Jefferson

Friday, October 2, 2009

Gearing up for the busiest time of year

I was making a project list of everything that needed to get done in the next two months or so and realized, I am WAY overbooked. Between all the fun fall things there are to do with Reagan, our second yearly trip to Alabama, the NICU Christmas donations, Reagan's birthday, etc, etc, etc.....I don't think I'm ever going to get finished.

And then I end up wondering why on earth it seems like everyone tries to pack everything into the last few months of the year. Wouldn't it make more sense to spread it out a little?

I guess that won't work for this year, but next year something has got to give. I think I'm going to start out by having a "half-birthday" party for Reagan in the summer and a family only event in the winter since her birthday is the week before Christmas.

Anyone have any tips for getting through this time of year?

1 comment:

  1. Hunker down and push through. How's that for advice? :-)

    I have friends who do a half-birthday for their son who was born in December. She says it makes his birthday more special and the holidays a bit easier w/o the stress of a birthday party too.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails