"Yes, we did produce a near-perfect republic. But will they keep it? Or will they, in the enjoyment of plenty, lose the memory of freedom? Material abundance without character is the path of destruction"-Thomas Jefferson

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

The Great Book Challenge of 2010

I adore reading and I tend to go a little overboard when I do read...I get sucked into a book and CANNOT put it down. I don't just read, I devour them...and leave neglected children, husbands, cats and a house in my wake.

This year I'm challenging myself to set in stone the books I want to read, post them here and post reviews! I'm psyched. So many times I find a great book and want to tell everyone about it, then life gets in the way and I forget or just never get around to it. I also will be posting great children's books over on my new homeschooling blog. (SO EXCITED!~We start our "homeschooling" next week--it was going to be this week but I didn't anticipate all the exhaustion and caught up stuff we'd need to do after being gone on a week long vacation!)

At any rate, here is my book list for the year...and I'll be adding plenty to it as life goes along!

Reviews on books I've already read this year:
This Is Your Brain In Love-Dr. Earl Henslin
Everything's Coming Up Josey & Chill Out, Josey-Susan May Warren
Hearts at Home-Jill Savage

Books to Read:
In Defense of Food-Michael Pollan
Living Simply: Choosing Less in a World of More-Joanne Heim
Breaking the Jewish Code-Perry Stone
Daddy, I'd Like You to Meet My Children-Robbie Castleman
Going Rogue-Sarah Palin
Get Cozy, Josey-Susan May Warren
Tea With Hezbollah-Ted Dekker and Carl Medearis
The Mom I Want To Be-T. Suzanne Eller
Living With Less So Your Family Has More-Mark and Jill Savage (due for release 3/2010)
The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society-Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows
Love & Respect-Dr. Emerson Eggrichs
Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day-Hertzberg and Francois
America-The Last, Best Hope Volumes I&II-William J. Bennett
The Well Adjusted Child: The Social Benefits of Homeschooling-Rachel Gathercole
The Ultimate Book of Homeschooling Ideas-Linda Dobson
The First Year of Homeschooling Your Child-Linda Dobson
Mom Management: Managing Mom Before Everybody Else-Tracy Lyn Moland
Liberty & Tyranny: A Conservative Manifesto-Mark Levin
Common Sense-Glenn Beck
The Survivor’s Club-Ben Sherwood
The Forgotten Man: A History of the Great Depression-Amity Shlaes
Simplicity Parenting-Kim John Payne, Lisa M. Ross

I also plan to read through my Bible this year. I need to work on being a happier person..I think it starts there. So far, I'm feeling really drawn to Proverbs and I've also been discovery Song of Solomon.

Please feel free to post any books that you would recommend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails