"Yes, we did produce a near-perfect republic. But will they keep it? Or will they, in the enjoyment of plenty, lose the memory of freedom? Material abundance without character is the path of destruction"-Thomas Jefferson

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook 2/23/10 Edition

I haven't participated in this in a while, but I love getting a chance to reflect on the recent past. If you're interested in joining, check out this link and join the Simple Woman's Daybook!

FOR TODAY
Outside my window....I thought it WASN'T snowing...but it is and I can just make out the flurries in the light of the corner lamp post. Earlier this week it smelled like spring...snow covered spring...but it's coming....
I am thinking about what we're going to do in school tomorrow and how I'm ever going to manage to get everything done that needs to get done.
I am thankful for my family, that I have a husband I can trust and count on and a daughter who still loves snuggling up to me no matter how many times I mess up as a mom!
From the learning rooms: I'm hoping to do a science project with Reagan tomorrow! (And here's to hoping it doesn't involve something growing in the fridge..I really need to clean it out!!)
From the kitchen--we had Chinese tonight so no cooking here, although I found an awesome recipe for pancakes yesterday (which is what Reagan requested for lunch)...they were so fluffy!
I am wearing jeans and an Auburn tee
I am creating a better system for all the supplies we've needed to start homeschooling
I am going to bed soon! SOO TIRED!
I am reading a cheesy historical romance, What Happens When A Woman Trusts God and waiting for the rest of my reading list to be fulfilled by some wondrous person on paperbackswap.com!
I am hoping that my mom gets better soon and realizes that she can have a great future without subjecting herself to an abusive relationship.
I am hearing Josh laughing in the next room, the distant sound of a few cars on the main roads and a train (the Midwest is still very much powered by trains)
Around the house I can't wait to start airing it out in the next three months and put up some spring decorations
One of my favorite things is planning surprises for Reagan on the holidays
A few plans for the rest of the week: school, grocery shopping, cleaning out the refrigerator..ugh!
Here is picture for thought I am sharing
Doesn't this just simply sing spring??

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails