"Yes, we did produce a near-perfect republic. But will they keep it? Or will they, in the enjoyment of plenty, lose the memory of freedom? Material abundance without character is the path of destruction"-Thomas Jefferson

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Updates

My mom is doing somewhat better and has been released from the hospital. She's being sent home with pain medication and a physical therapist. My aunt and I continue to try to get her to move to Alabama where her family is close. Thanks to everyone for your prayers.


Finances and Walmart Update: I am averaging going to Walmart approximately once a month. I've really tried hard NOT to go at all per my agreement with myself, but with Target being 30 minutes away in good weather (we've had sooo little of that!) it's hard not to just stop by Walmart and grab what I need. Luckily I've kept my purchases to my list only. And we're saving a ton more money! I've also really slowed down on using coupons at Kroger and have been cooking more 'from sratch' foods and using more fruits and vegetables...very few coupons for those items. And get this, we're saving much more money than before. We made our "Dream Home" savings goal for January and as of February 26th, we'll have made our February goal. I'm so excited and I've already figured up the amount we need for March to stay on target.

Homeschooling is coming along slowly, but we're getting there. I've really neglected my homeschooling blog--I really wanted to have an outline for others that were confused by the whole startup process..but I think I have enough on my plate for now..I'll post there when I can.

I think that's it for us! Stay warm everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails