"Yes, we did produce a near-perfect republic. But will they keep it? Or will they, in the enjoyment of plenty, lose the memory of freedom? Material abundance without character is the path of destruction"-Thomas Jefferson

Saturday, February 13, 2010

Mass Cooking Day

For some reason, I woke up in a cooking mood (and sometimes I wonder how my husband feels about those..he loves the food, hates the mess I leave in my wake!) And so, here it is going on mid-afternoon and I'm surrounded by platters of cut vegetables and vats of steaming homemade chicken broth. What's on the menu? I'm glad you asked!

First up are two of my Granny's best recipes ever!
Chicken Pot Pie and Mexican Chicken--today I'll be doing some tweaking to the Mexican Chicken to make it a bit healthier..not sure how that's going to turn out, but it's worth a try!

Then we have Chicken Tetrazinni, Grilled Hamburgers, and Potato and Broccoli-Cheese Soup! YUM!

I've also chopped 9 pounds of onion for the freezer and a nice batch of broth for all the recipes. I *HOPE* to make some homemade Cream of Chicken Soup, Refried Beans and Tortillas either today or possibly tomorrow! Recipes and photos coming up, so stay tuned!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails