"Yes, we did produce a near-perfect republic. But will they keep it? Or will they, in the enjoyment of plenty, lose the memory of freedom? Material abundance without character is the path of destruction"-Thomas Jefferson

Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Home made cleaners!

In an effort to reduce the amount of chemicals that I use in our home due to Reagan's allergies and asthma, I've been purging all my old reliables...good bye Clorox, regular Purex and nicely scented fabric softener! *sigh*

Instead I've been making our own cleaners. Here are a few that I've run across. A by-product is they're much cheaper and greener too! Enjoy! I'll be posting more as I use different products and techniques!

Glass Cleaner: 1:1:1 ratio of white vinegar, rubbing alcohol and water
Furniture polish: 1:1 ratio of vegetable oil and white vinegar
Fruit and Vegetable Spray: 3:1 ratio of water and white vinegar
Lemon juice is also a natural anti-bacterial agent.
*Heat a bowl of water and baking soda in your microwave for 1-2 minutes to loosen grime.
*Baking soda and vinegar both remove odors from the air in your home.

For more information on making your own non-toxic cleaners, check out this site. (NOTE: I have not read all of their contect, however I'm sure I wouldn't agree with most of it..I use it only for these recipes!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails