"Yes, we did produce a near-perfect republic. But will they keep it? Or will they, in the enjoyment of plenty, lose the memory of freedom? Material abundance without character is the path of destruction"-Thomas Jefferson

Monday, June 9, 2008

Menu Plan Monday & Happy Birthday to me!

Yep, today is my birthday. And no, I'm not telling you how old I am! I can barely believe how old I am myself. At any rate, it's also Monday which means it's time to plan our meals for the week. I am so proud of us. Last week we did so well!! We made everything on the menu (although a few days were switched around) and the crockpot chicken and vegetables were absolutely delicious!! Here's hoping this week is a success too! Oh and if you notice lots of potato and chicken dishes, that's because chicken is on sale and I have a ton of potatoes to use up!

Monday: Cauliflower and Broccoli Salad [side note: I usually make mine without the sunflower seeds and with mayo] and chicken breasts
Tuesday: Mix night: Tuna salad for Josh, regular salad for me, and chicken (veggie) patties with cheesy veggies for Reagan
Wednesday: Pizza (and hopefully some veggies!)
Thursday: Broccoli Quiche with Mashed Potato Crust
Friday: Cheddar Broccoli Chicken and Mashed Potatoes with salad or green beans
Saturday: Leftovers and if we have family stop by or just don't have any leftovers, there are plenty of freezer items or we can whip up broccoli and cheese baked potatoes!
Sunday: Grilled steak, with yep, you guessed it, potatoes!!! and either salad or another green vegetable.

**Make a big batch of granola bars or just granola snack mix for Josh to keep at the office** Here is the recipe I'm going to try: Playgroup Granola Bars

Breakfasts: Oatmeal, fruit, eggs, sausage, muffins, pancakes/waffles, cottage cheese (Reagan loves this with fruit for breakfast!)
Lunches: Salads, leftovers and various other items out of the freezer
Snacks: fresh fruit, fresh veggies, cheese sticks (string cheese)
Desserts: Cookies, fruit, muffins, cake, ice cream--all of which is either in the freezer or can be whipped up out of the pantry

Note: The goal here is to continue not eating out, and therefore save money! We didn't eat out AT ALL last week with the exception of once for my birthday...including no Starbucks runs either! We did have one cookie run to the grocery store which is why I'm incorporating them into the menu this time around!

2 comments:

  1. Great menu! I've been meaning to make that broccoli quiche recipe for a while now and just haven't gotten around to it, but it looks yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know how old you are, I know how old you are (sang in a na-na-na-na-boo-boo sort of way). Happy Birthday! (sorry I'm a day late)

    You're menu sounds great; I'm going to have to try that quiche sometime soon.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails