"Yes, we did produce a near-perfect republic. But will they keep it? Or will they, in the enjoyment of plenty, lose the memory of freedom? Material abundance without character is the path of destruction"-Thomas Jefferson

Friday, September 25, 2009

Daybook

I've seen a 'daybook' entry on several blogs I've read and thought it would be nice to start having my own daybook entry every once in a while. So this is my first. If you'd like to learn more about the daybook entries and read what others are saying, please check out this link.

FOR TODAY
Friday, September 25, 2009

Outside my window...is very dark. I can't believe just a few short weeks ago it was still very light outside at this time of night. And I love how the soft glow emanates from the solar lights Josh just installed...great idea, honey.
I am thinking...of how many times in the last few months I've reacted in anger to Reagan. I really feel like I've messed up this past year.
I am thankful for...the fact that she won't remember much about my mess-ups of her first few years.
From the kitchen...Reagan has been practically begging me to make pumpkin pie for her and just tonight Josh called her his 'pumpkin pie' as they cuddled together before she drifted off to sleep. Tomorrow, Reagan and I will make pumpkin pie. I love the scent of the sweet pumpkin and spices and that warm, fluffy first bite. I just use the Libby's recipe..why mess with perfection?
I am wearing...my standard outfit lately: jeans and a black tee shirt
I am creating...lots of new things for the craft show I'll be in December. Ribbon holders, magnets to hold gardening gloves and t-shirt dresses for little ones.
I am going...somewhere. Where I don't know. But I feel like I'm starting on a journey to something. I have so many plans, and I'm trying to organize them and mobilize my little family in the right direction. But some days I just feel adrift.
I am reading...I just finished a great book called Dogwood. It's a Christian fiction book and I enjoyed it so much. I encourage everyone who loves a good thought provoking book to pick this one up from the library.
I am hoping...that I can be a better mother to Reagan...and one day she'll say I played with her enough!
I am hearing...the whirr of the computer, the purr from Porthos' throat, the soft hum of the air conditioning
Around the house...everything feels damp..which is why the air conditioning is on although we DEFINTELY don't need it. It's just that time of year.
One of my favorite things...is fall. I love crunching in the leaves with Reagan.
A few plans for the rest of the week: a must is grocery shopping, a night at the office, storytime with Reagan, making pie, garage sales, just enjoying my family.
Here is picture for thought I am sharing...

One of my all time favorite pictures of Reagan....I just can't believe she's going to be three soon...where has all the time gone?????? I feel like wailing and gnashing my teeth like some grieving Biblical woman. Why can't she stay little?

1 comment:

  1. I love this idea. Maybe in a few days I will do one too.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails