"Yes, we did produce a near-perfect republic. But will they keep it? Or will they, in the enjoyment of plenty, lose the memory of freedom? Material abundance without character is the path of destruction"-Thomas Jefferson

Thursday, September 24, 2009

Love on screen and in real life?

Could it be that the face of Edward, Robert Pattinson, and the face of Bella, Kristen Stewart, are really truly possibly so in love that they're discussing marriage? I'm swooning. Literally swooning. Seriously, how utterly, devastatingly romantic. Could anything be more perfect for millions of Twilight fans everywhere???

No, really. How amazing is this? It's almost as if the Twilight series is coming to reality right in front of our very eyes. HOWEVER, for the sake of the two young people right at the heart of this matter, I hope they really ARE falling in love WITH EACH OTHER and not just the notion of "Edward" and "Bella" and "being" in love. Without a doubt, I know that would be MY problem if I were Kristen Stewart, but then again, I've always looked at love through rose-tinted glasses.

Remember that scene in Sleepless in Seattle, where Meg Ryan and Rosie O'Donnell are sitting up watching "An Affair to Remember"? Rosie tells Meg: "You don't want to be in love. You want to be in love in a movie." My best friend uttered that exact same line to me how many times I can't even tell you.

This is actually the perfect segue into a topic I wanted to post about marriages, and my marriage specifically and especially in relation to a book I've started reading that has already had some positive improvements on my relationship with my husband. Marriages in trouble AND good marriages, both, can really benefit from some of the principles I'll be discussing. Hopefully I'll be able to post more about it either this week or next, but in the meantime, I'm off to daydream about Edward (along with almost every other woman under the age of 40)!

Good luck Rob and Kristen!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails