"Yes, we did produce a near-perfect republic. But will they keep it? Or will they, in the enjoyment of plenty, lose the memory of freedom? Material abundance without character is the path of destruction"-Thomas Jefferson

Sunday, September 20, 2009

Don't Drink The Green Water!!!!!!

Reagan drinks out of sippy cups, especially at night. Purely for cleaning reasons. And we tend to use those multi-colored packs of semi-disposable sippy cups from Wal-Mart. I'm sure all moms know exactly which cups I mean.

The other night we handed Reagan her cup of water, complete with red cup and green lid. She said "Mommy, look, the water's green!" I proceeded to explain the water wasn't really green, it was just the way it looked through the lid. She said "Oh, Grandma gave me green water."

Me: "Oh did she? When did Grandma give you green water?"
Reagan: "How bout I tell you a story about that?" (which nearly sent me into hysterical fits right there!)
Me: Ok.
Reagan: Well there was a storm and it was raining and lightening and there was a monster. And I drank the green water and it makes you fly through the storm. And then there was a tall and furry moster. And that's the end."

My mother in law thinks it was a variation of her playing in the green lake water with Reagan under an umbrella--regardless, heed my warning: DON'T DRINK THE GREEN WATER!!! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails