"Yes, we did produce a near-perfect republic. But will they keep it? Or will they, in the enjoyment of plenty, lose the memory of freedom? Material abundance without character is the path of destruction"-Thomas Jefferson

Monday, January 26, 2009

The Business of Play...

I'm constantly amazed by Reagan and her imagination. The ability children have to make up complex stories from the simplest things, and work them out in play is simply beyond me at this stage in my life. Not that at one point, I didn't have a great imagination. I vividly remember building houses and ships out of pinestraw and fighting off Ninjas on the roof of our home as a child. But I think you really lose that ability the older you get and as more of the mundane aspects of life take over.

But not for children. Today Reagan and I were playing with blocks and she grabbed a couple and shouted "triangle!", which they were, good job Reagan! But then she proceeded to make a tent out of them and then make them into a family of triangles with a mommy, daddy and baby. THEN the Triangle Family all went camping together. Can you imagine? Out of the blue, this is what she came up with. Amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails