"Yes, we did produce a near-perfect republic. But will they keep it? Or will they, in the enjoyment of plenty, lose the memory of freedom? Material abundance without character is the path of destruction"-Thomas Jefferson

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

I'm Dreaming of Christmas...

Maybe I should stop looking at recipes for Christmas cookies, because I am in a serious Christmas mood already. Although, I'm not sure exactly where I'll be celebrating Christmas this year. Still in this house? In some other house yet to be determined? I'll be happy when all the uncertainly is finished.

In the meantime, I'm dreaming of baking and presents and Christmas music and I dare not utter a single word of it in front of Josh. He is a firm believer in a holiday being celebrated during it's season. In fact, he spends most of November in an absolute state of rage filled self righteous indignation over the fact that Christmas decorations, music, presents, food and everything else takes precedence over Thanksgiving. (Each year I try to make Thanksgiving really important for him, all the while listening to his lectures--you'd think he was 60!)

Ahh, Christmas....maybe tomorrow Reagan and I will bake cookies ;)

2 comments:

  1. Ha! Sounds like me and Matt. I start thinking about Christmas in August, but you dare not listen to Christmas music aroundd here until the day after Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails