"Yes, we did produce a near-perfect republic. But will they keep it? Or will they, in the enjoyment of plenty, lose the memory of freedom? Material abundance without character is the path of destruction"-Thomas Jefferson

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

My muscles will thank me later....

So, I've sucked it up and stopped the continual crying...and joined...a gym! Yah, ME! I threw myself headlong into a cycling class and a weight lifting class...and I feel really good. Sure, my arms sort of feel like spaghetti and the first day of cycling left my behind feeling like I wanted to never sit again...but I can't possibly be as out of shape as I thought, because instead of being really sore, I just feel really energized and ready to take on the world. Or maybe pain really IS just a mindset (and every woman that's ever had a baby gets ready to write a scathing comment at this point...just kidding girls..I KNOW it's not mindset only!)

At any rate, I'm feeling great and eating better and just enjoying the fact that I'm actually DOING something about the way I feel for once. I EVEN (gasp) went clothing shopping..yep :) I bought just a few new things, but it felt good. And even better, I went clothes shopping BY MYSELF...TWO HOURS of uniterrupted ME time...THAT felt good. I didn't even feel guilty (well, not until the end anyway).

So that's the update from the homefront here. Thank you so much to all of you who are continuing to read my blog although I have been less than dedicated at writing the past few weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails