"Yes, we did produce a near-perfect republic. But will they keep it? Or will they, in the enjoyment of plenty, lose the memory of freedom? Material abundance without character is the path of destruction"-Thomas Jefferson

Sunday, February 10, 2008

Menu Plan Monday!



Last week I didn't do a menu plan and we ate so badly! It always pays to have a plan.

Also, in addition to trying to lose weight, I'm trying to prepare more heart healthy menus, so this week is going to be very simple and very healthy. My weight watchers cookbook finally arrived so I'll be using some of those recipes next week! Enjoy!

Monday-Baked chiken, baked potato, steamed broccoli
Tuesday-Baked fish, steamed veggies and brown rice (not instant--the kind that has tons of fiber and cooks for an hour!)
Wednesday-Lean baked meatloaf (made with steel cut oatmeal), baked sweet potato and veggie
Thursday-HAVE NOT YET DECIDED! VALENTINE'S MENU! Would love to hear what everyone else is having!
Friday-Stirfry and chicken with brown rice (again, not instant!)
Saturday-Tomato soup and fruit salad
Sunday-Roast with veggies

1 comment:

  1. Your menu sounds good to me!

    As far as Thursday goes, well Steve and I are going out to dinner. But if we were home, I'd try and make his favorite meal (which in my case, is sloppy joes and baked french fries).

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails