"Yes, we did produce a near-perfect republic. But will they keep it? Or will they, in the enjoyment of plenty, lose the memory of freedom? Material abundance without character is the path of destruction"-Thomas Jefferson

Saturday, December 5, 2009

Day 20: A little something for you...

Now that we've talked about helping others, let's talk about taking care of ourselves this Christmas season.

Moms especially are always seeking to find a way to make Christmas bigger, better and brighter for their loved ones. And all of that work can sometimes drag us down and make us feel tired, forgotten and overlooked.

Make sure you do something nice for yourself this year. Whether it be something materialistic like that new mixer you've been wanting or a day off to just curl up with hot cocoa and a book and not have to do anything for anyone.

My own personal treat for myself that I started last year, is not cooking on Christmas. Sacrilege I know! But I decided that I wanted to spend Christmas Day enjoying my daughter and playing with her and her new toys and relaxing and watching movies instead of slaving in the kitchen for hours and completely exhausting myself. Instead I buy lots of party trays and premade appetizers. Yes, it's more expensive in this time when we're trying to save money. But more importantly I save sanity and create some great memories.

So remember to treat yourself this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails