"Yes, we did produce a near-perfect republic. But will they keep it? Or will they, in the enjoyment of plenty, lose the memory of freedom? Material abundance without character is the path of destruction"-Thomas Jefferson

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Wouldn't it figure??

A few days ago I decided to make pumpkin bread. You know, from all that pumpkin puree I made here. After spending several days fretting over the fact that I had no cloves in the house to use in the recipe, and convincing myself I really didn't need to run out and buy them (because I don't really like them anyway and hardly ever use them), we made the pumpkin bread today. FOUR hours people...FOUR hours...and eight HUGE loaves and three smallish ones later, I was putting away all the ingredients and discovered...yep..you guessed it..my small container of cloves! Sigh...I am not nearly as organized as I thought I was.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails