"Yes, we did produce a near-perfect republic. But will they keep it? Or will they, in the enjoyment of plenty, lose the memory of freedom? Material abundance without character is the path of destruction"-Thomas Jefferson

Thursday, December 31, 2009

New Years Resolutions...

Oh yes...it's THAT time again. I HATE New Year's Resolutions..because I, without fail, break them. So this year, I'm giving myself ONE, ONE single resolution. I do have other goals for the year, but this is a true resolution to change a behavior that I do not like in myself.

Here it is:

I resolve to stop saying NO to my daughter when she asks me to play or pick her up. I KNOW she asks me at the most inconvenient times. I KNOW that she just wants my attention when I'm trying to get things done. But I also KNOW that she's already three and I say NO all the time and one day she's going to be much older and she's going to be the one saying NO to me when I want to spend time with her.

So, I resolve to say YES. Yes, I will play with you. Yes, I will hold you. Even if it's just for a minute and then I have to get back to whatever it is that needs to be done. But at least she will have that YES moment...and I'll say it with a smile, instead of a sigh and a grimace.

This resolution I WILL KEEP.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails