"Yes, we did produce a near-perfect republic. But will they keep it? Or will they, in the enjoyment of plenty, lose the memory of freedom? Material abundance without character is the path of destruction"-Thomas Jefferson

Friday, January 22, 2010

Busy Week!


If there are any Company Girls dropping by, Welcome!!

And now for today's scatter brained post!

I feel so behind this week. Reagan's third birthday party is this weekend (a month late--there was too much happening at Christmas to have a birthday party in the mix..poor kid, Christmas babies get the short end of the stick!!). We're having a dinosaur theme--which she decided on at literally the last minute, so I've been running around like crazy trying to get dinosaur stuff together. I hope I can do a tutorial next weekend with some cute dinosaur party ideas!

We're also leaving to visit my family on the 30th...a 14 hour drive people...I'm already groaning! I still haven't figured out what I'm going to do about the cats. I need to work on a field trip for the Mom's group for March, which is due by Monday, the house is a disaster and did I mention we are almost out of everything??? LOL! And I STILL haven't gotten the mass email out about the donations for Haiti!

AND I'm about to be late to Reagan's playdate! EEEK! I need a shower and I need to get both of us ready in 30 minutes!

Regardless, I'm very thankful--the other day I was mentioning to a friend how I wished I had a house with no toys in it! But that's not true..no toys, no wonderful little girl to share my life with. I'll take the messy toy room and overcrowded schedule ANY DAY!

12 comments:

  1. One of my cousins is a Christmas day baby and one of my nieces is a New Years Day Baby. We always tried to make sure their gifts were in birthday paper and so on, but they're both older now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the perspective!

    I feel your hectic schedule...Good luck with all the craziness...Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl, you are a woman after my own heart! Enjoy every bit of the dinosaur party. And yes, please post tutorials. My kiddos are still into all that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I look forward to hearing about the dinosaur party! I love your wedding picture. It's beautiful and fun at the same time. Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you share pictures of the dino party soon.. that sounds cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like life around here! I have a Dec. 29th baby...and yes, he gets shafted, it is just too crazy during that time!

    The Dinosaur party sounds fun! You will have to post some pictures!

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm still playing catch up since the holidays too. Happy 3rd birthday to Reagan. What a fun theme for the party! We're right behind ya. My older one is turning in 3 weeks.

    We have yet to travel far with the kids. Not sure when we'll be up to it. =p It'll be fun once you get there though. =)

    Have a blessed weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have fun at the birthday party...3 yr olds are the best age...I love it! All the best on your 14 hour trip....hope it's not too tiring and you get some rest!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My son's birthday is Jan 4, a little removed from Christmas, but it can still be hard to find the time and energy to have much of a celebration.
    I hope that your party goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dinosaur party...Cool! I'm in the better late than never camp especially since 2 of my daughters have b-days this month and I've yet to plan anything. Thanks for encouraging me by just having that party. I'm in for one teen party (AAAAH) and a nine year old, I'm thinking there will be no dinosaurs for me :(
    Have a happy weekend!
    LydiaCate

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hope everyone enjoyed the birthday party. My (just turned) 7-year-old was due January 6th, but was TEN days late. These days I'm thankful he was late, giving us a chance to breath between Christmas and his birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That dinosaur party sounds fun. Maybe I'll have a dinosaur theme for my next birthday party. That, or giraffes :) Have fun with it! She sounds like a little cutie.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails