"Yes, we did produce a near-perfect republic. But will they keep it? Or will they, in the enjoyment of plenty, lose the memory of freedom? Material abundance without character is the path of destruction"-Thomas Jefferson

Monday, January 4, 2010

Menu Plan Monday: Pantry Challenge Edition

This Monday begins the first week of the January pantry challenge hosted by Money Saving Mom and Life As A Mom. You can read my first post here. Menu Plan Monday is hosted by orgjunkie.com!

Since I wrote that post I realized I would be hosting Reagan's birthday party in January which means I will have to spend some extra money at the store for items I don't normally keep in storage. HOWEVER, I plan to use as many storage items as possible. I'm thinking a from scratch cake, homemade pizza (I have most of those ingredients) and punch as opposed to soft drinks, which will leave leftover juice for the rest of the month as well.

As I'm starting out my menu, I'm realizing that we were already out of some things I would have considered needs. I'm going to have to get through without them, as I've committed to a $100 total grocery budget for the month (with the exception of the birthday party foods) and I TRULY want to meet this goal. However, eventually I'm going to have to use part of that budget for cat litter and perhaps cat food!

At any rate, here is the plan for this week, all from the pantry, with the exception of a run to the grocery for milk (already made!) and some fresh fruits and veggies, per my rules for our family for the month.

Breakfasts (pick and choose):
Sausage-Potato Bake (I spent New Years Day cooking six pans of this AND a bunch of other items!)
Fruit
Pancakes
Cream of Wheat
Cereal
Bacon

Lunches:
Leftovers
Tuna salad on homemade bread
Tomato Soup with cheese toast
Vegetable Soup with biscuits

Dinners:
Roast with sweet potato casserole and a green vegetable
Chicken pot pie with a vegetable (freezer)
Chili with corn muffins
Pizza-homemade
Various Leftovers

Snacks (these are available for picking and choosing):
Raisins
Homemade Graham Crackers
Cuties (oranges)
Apple slices
Nuts
Homemade cookies

Drinks:
Tea
Water
Milk
Juice
Coffee

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails