"Yes, we did produce a near-perfect republic. But will they keep it? Or will they, in the enjoyment of plenty, lose the memory of freedom? Material abundance without character is the path of destruction"-Thomas Jefferson

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Conversation with Myself

I didn't have time to fix breakfast before I left for the office on Saturday morning, so I inevitably ended up in front of the vending machine. My conversation with myself went something like this:

What can I have for breakfast? Hmmm....that rice krispie treat looks good. Wait! What am I thinking?? I can't have a rice krispie treat for breakfast. What kind of example am I setting for Reagan by eating junk food? But Reagna's not here right now is she...hmm......Ok, no, I'm not eating a rice krispie treat. But...it does have cereal in it..I mean lots of people eat cereal for breakfast. And a little butter..ok tons of people have butter with breakfast..butter on toast, butter on eggs...so that's not really bad either. Ok, but it's loaded with marshmallow creme. Buuuuut, marshmallow creme is really just sugar...and cocoa krispies have sugar! It can't really be that much worse than cocoa krispies can it??? And EVERYONE eats cocoa krispies for breakfast. Yes, a rice krispie treat is DEFINITELY healthier than cocoa krispies...rice krispie treat it is.

I'm such a sad, sad person.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails