"Yes, we did produce a near-perfect republic. But will they keep it? Or will they, in the enjoyment of plenty, lose the memory of freedom? Material abundance without character is the path of destruction"-Thomas Jefferson

Sunday, February 8, 2009

The Art of Mimicking

I have GOT to be careful about what I'm saying...not only does Reagan actually mimick me sometimes, as in, repeating what I say word for word and then laughing hysterically when I tell her to stop, but she also copies me in play.....

The other morning I was running frantically around the house searching for my keys (not the first time this has happened!) So, I called Josh at work and proceeded to drill him about where they were (not the first time this has happened either!) as I just KNEW that he had lost them. (Turns out he didn't lose them THIS time, although he has in the past!) A little while later, I peeked in on Reagan playing by herself (amazingly, this is happening more and more!) with her Little People. She had the mommy interrogating the zookeeper (who I assume was supposed to be daddy) going "where's my keys!?!?!? where's my keys?!?!?!" I did choke on laughter before realizing how lucky I was that I wasn't yelling something else!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails